End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Memphis Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or broken water supply lines can go unnoticed for too long.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t want, and leaks can be catastrophic to your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to find and fix the smallest leak.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you do just that. We have the expertise for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Memphis.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Finding and repairing leaks are the most common calls we field for plumbing services. Repairing a leak immediately can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks may be harder to find than others, but there are several telltale hints that you need to call a plumber in Memphis. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than expected.
- Your pipes regularly make thumping sounds.
- There are rusty stains in your sink, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls feel moist or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s damp soil or erosion close to your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you think you have a leak but can’t see the evidence, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or small silver disc. If the dial is turning, you probably have a leak.
We can find the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are a lot of places you could find a leak.
Leaks can be started by split seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, clogs and more.
They usually occur:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, especially kinds that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you see proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 901-235-1196 or book an appointment online.