A popping noise is characteristic of an undersized duct design. This takes place when there’s more airflow than your ductwork can manage.
Problems with your ductwork might lead to other ventilation and air quality problems, like:
- Excessive noise
- Greater energy consumption
- Early system malfunction
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Too hot furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion within ducts
Contact a qualified company in Memphis, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to check your house’s ventilation system. We can make advice for duct repair or installation.