Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by insufficient fuel combustion often caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with prolonged exposure.