Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to start. Completing proper safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Memphis.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.