Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Memphis.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.