Your HVAC system is vital to a comfortable home and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you could maintain a constant supply of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Reveal smaller problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often progress little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to locate and fix smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that eliminates the need for most major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running safely.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your home comfort system? An HVAC agreement grants access to the quickest installs available, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having a Maintenance+ Plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and contact our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before enrolling. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.