When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Many people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first consider continuing the bottled water approach. Unfortunately, this gets pricey soon. Additionally, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main soon after heavy rainfall. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.