Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Memphis, you could be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several points to consider, in addition to the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for a special deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the expense of replacing your complete system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 901-235-1196 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.