Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Memphis. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Memphis heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Memphis heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 901-235-1196 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Memphis heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a breather as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Memphis temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.