Building a new residence? Upgrading your current system? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you might soon come to the conclusion that you have more possibilities than you originally thought. Use this information to help you weigh four different options so you can find the ideal air conditioner in Memphis.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people call to mind when they envision air conditioning for the total residence. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a single piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t use (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly noiseless, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet stays at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump taps into this continuous well of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be right for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is an additional kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This may be right for you if:
- Your house, or a recent addition to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single areas.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your home.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should get? Depend on the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you select the ideal one for your home. Please contact us estimate right away.