Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But how do you know when it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC professionals highly recommend servicing it no less than once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, avoiding potential issues and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time of year. This allows you to fix growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a thorough process involving several steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less energy to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your AC unit every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Improved air quality: A clean AC system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on premature replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and budget. You’ll get several perks no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as other discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, preferably in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.