There are a multitude of fumes that could be within your Memphis house. Natural gas and fumes that derive from residential furniture, carpet and paints. None of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 901-235-1196 today to start protecting your family against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?
Carbon monoxide might be a major concern, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you can’t observe it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in low doses and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can leak into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide could become lethal in within minutes.
Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it will take five hours to get it out of your system. It will take another five hours to cut that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses
It can also mimic conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three precautions you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Each residence with at least one natural gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have an alarm on each level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 901-235-1196 to buy one. Ask our pros about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you presently use a carbon monoxide detector, frequently test or swap out the batteries. You should look at batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, get out of your house right away and dial 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be safe from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 901-235-1196 to learn more.