It’s cold outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.