Booking routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning unit in Memphis operating at peak performance while keeping utility needs small. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can complete by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best time of year to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and inspected. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you need a fix or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that may become awfully unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning maintenance may be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and may reduce your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 901-235-1196, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to double check your system is starting, cooling and turning off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need additional action, we are prepared to offer you the most economical choice. Locating possible issues in a timely manner could solve larger issues in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your system is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new AC system, our Experts will partner with you to choose the right system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your service? Contact us at 901-235-1196 or schedule an appointment online today.