Planning routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning unit in Memphis operating at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption down. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a couple tasks you can complete by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that entails a hefty portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling system freshened and inspected. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you need service or replacement, you may be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could become extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help assure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, AC maintenance may be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter suggests each month or two. This is very crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, since this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 901-235-1196, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your system is starting, cooling and turning off properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that involve additional action, we are prepared to offer you the most economical choice. Locating possible issues promptly may solve larger troubles in the future. This also gives you time to plan if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a new cooling system to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Prepared to schedule your service? Call us at 901-235-1196 or schedule an appointment online today.