Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide: Take the Proper Steps to Detect

There are a lot of potential gases that may be present in your home. Natural gas, radon, and gases and vapors released from household furnishings, carpeting, flooring and paints. But none are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide could be a matter of life and death, so it’s not something to joke about. Part of the reason it is so dangerous is because the gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating. A by-product of burnt fuel, carbon monoxide can manuveur its way into your home when the heat exchanger on a gas furnace cracks, allowing carbon monoxide to leak. Depending on how big the leak is and the circulation in a home, carbon monoxide can lead to death very quickly, or it could cause symptoms that have been misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections, and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.

It is important to not risk carbon monoxide poisoning. Here are some recommended action items to protect yourself and your family:

  1. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning in Memphis to purchase one. Ask our technicians about affordable WiFi carbon monoxide detectors like the Nest Protect.
  2. If you have a carbon monoxide detector, check or replace the batteries regularly. Testing should be done every 90 days, and the detector should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
  3. If you hear the carbon monoxide detector alarm go off, or start to have flu-like symptoms, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary and with the proper steps your family can be protected from the hazardous gas. Our experts can provide more information, so go ahead and call Service Experts in Memphis at 901-235-1196 to learn more.

Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
7470 Bartlett Corp. CV. W, Suite 101
Bartlett, Tennessee 38133

Phone: 901-235-1196
Email: memphis@serviceexperts.com
License # M21364